"We are here to assist you in securing a one-of-a-kind venue, and ask you to please consider these guidelines to ensure a successful event."
Arvizu Vizcaya Estate Fees:
All rentals are subject to prior written approval from the Director of Management and/or Estate Manager.
- Home: $1,000
- Home and pool area: $1,300 (max capacity 200)
- $500 refundable damage/clean-up deposit for any of the above rentals.
- Events exceeding 200 guests will require prior written approval from the Estate and may be subject to additional fees.
- Permittee is allowed to tent the venue, and is responsible for all permitting fees.
- One (1) security officer is required for all events, and a minimum of two (2) security officers are required for all events over 50 guests and/or at the discretion of the Estate Manager. Additional security, beyond minimum security requirements, may be required at the discretion of the Estate Manager, in consultation with the Homestead’s Police Department.
- All fees are subject to applicable sales tax.
- Permittee acknowledges that fees are subject to change.
- No selling of food/drink is allowed on the premises.
Reservation and Payment
- All rental agreements, which shall be uniform, as developed by the Estate Attorney, shall be arranged through the Management Department and are subject to the approval of the Estate Manager, or his/her designee, at his/her sole discretion.
- Reservations for rentals are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- A signed rental application and a rental deposit equal to 50 percent of the entire Rental Fee is due from Permittee two (2) weeks after Permittee requests the event date. If payment and fully executed Facility Rental Agreement are not received within the deadline the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate will automatically remove the Permittee’ s reservation from the calendar.
- The rental deposit equal to 50 percent of the entire Rental Fee is refundable within the first 60 days (provided the request for refund is not within 59-days of event date) after the Permittee has signed the rental agreement. Any notice of cancellation must be received in writing to the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate prior to the expiration of the 60 day time period in order to receive a refund. Refund checks will be mailed to the Permittee within four (4) to six (6) weeks of receipt of cancellation.
- Change of dates must be requested in writing. A $200 fee will be applied to any request made after the refund period has expired. New date is subject to availability. All requests received within 2-months of the original rental date will be treated as a cancellation and will not be eligible for a refund or change of date.
- Permittee must pay the outstanding balance for an event a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to the event.
- Any payments made within 30 days prior to the event must be made in the form of cashier’s check, money order or credit card only. Arvizu Vizcaya Estate reserves the right to retain deposit and cancel any events that have unpaid balances 30 days prior to the event date. For cancellations made within 30 days of the event date, Permittee is financially responsible for total amount of rental fee, and no refunds will be granted.
- Permittee is responsible for the actions of all subcontractors and/or vendors, which may include but are not limited to party planners, entertainers, florists, caterers, musicians, security guards, etc. All subcontractors’ and/or vendors are required to be registered with the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate. Said vendor registration process requires submittal of contact information. A certificate of liability insurance naming the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate as additional insured, including general, automotive, liquor and/or products liability coverage based on provided services; copy of licenses (as may be required for profession and/or business); description of vehicles; description of uniforms employees will be wearing; and execution of the Estate’s standard form indemnification agreement – indemnifying the Estate.
- Permittee is responsible for ensuring that all subcontractors and vendors are aware of the Estate’s Rules and Regulations. A complete list of vendors with contacts (names and phone numbers) must be provided two weeks prior to the event. The caterer must schedule an appointment with the Estate’s Events and Program Coordinator to familiarize themselves with Arvizu Vizcaya Estate. Catering Permits will not be issued unless appointment is made.
- Permittees are responsible for ensuring that their subcontractors and/or vendors provide sufficient extension cords, electrical panels, etc. to cover the event’s electrical needs. Extension cords must be taped down/covered to prevent tripping, ensuring the safety of guests and/or event patrons/staff. Any electrical modifications to electrical panel must be submitted in writing and detailed by a licensed electrician or contractor for Estate review and approval. Permits may be required as applicable.
- Failure to notify the Estate's Department of electrical requirements may result in inadequate power or power failure and repairs will be at the expense of the Permittee.
- Permittee or Permittee’s Representative must be on-site to accept deliveries and oversee set up. The Estate staff will not act as Permittee representative and will not accept or sign for deliveries.
- Emergency exits, doors, driveways, stairs, or ramps to and from the public areas must not be blocked at any time.
- No parking is allowed on private property of neighboring residents or within the swale areas of the Estate.
- Weddings, receptions, parties and special events must comply with the Estate’s noise ordinance #04-24 and amplified music must conclude by 11:00pm. Event end time must be approved by the Estate Manager or designee and agreed to contractually prior to event date. No time extensions will be granted the evening of the event.
- Alcoholic beverages service must conclude at least one (1) hour prior to an event’s ending time.
- Estate Manager or designee must approve any auction, sale, games of chance, or other such fundraising ventures in accordance with applicable Estate, County and/or State laws/ordinances/statues.
- To conduct business on the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate property is not allowed.
- If liquor is sold and/or consumed during event, an appropriate liquor license must be obtained by contracted vendor and displayed at event. Prior to the event, Permittee must provide the Estate Director or designee with a copy of the liquor license together with a liquor liability insurance policy in the amount of $1,000,000 which names the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate as an additional insured. Alcoholic beverages shall not be consumed by anyone less than 21 years of age. Violation of this term shall be grounds for immediate termination of this Permit and forfeiture of any security deposit or monies paid. Additionally, Permittee assumes responsibility for his/her guest and/or attendees, gated or otherwise invited, regarding the amount of alcoholic beverages consumed to ensure no one departs the events impaired and unable to safely operate a vehicle and may endanger himself/herself or others.
Note: Policy shall allow alcohol to be served at approved functions at Arvizu Vizcaya Estate, upon the prior written authorization of the Estate Manager or designee.
Restrictions and Prohibited Items
- Painting, spray painting, the spraying of cleaning solutions, pesticides or aerosols is not permitted.
- Smoking is not permitted at Arvizu Vizcaya Estate, including any open area of the facility.
- Fireworks or open flames (tiki torches) are not permitted on any part of property. Votive candles may be used in appropriate and approved containers.
- Decorations shall in no way damage the property, buildings, or furnishings and artifacts. On site furniture, artwork, and display items may not be moved. Any and all costs for damages to property, buildings, furnishings, artwork, or display items will be charged against the security deposit and additional charges may be assessed against Permittee.
- No alteration, trimming, or cutting of any plants or trees is allowed. Tree climbing is not permitted. Hunting, fishing, handling, harassing, or disturbing the wildlife is not allowed.
- Only service animals for persons with disabilities are permitted at the facility.
- Placement of any item on the grass is subject to the approval of the Estate Director or designee. Failure to adhere to this rule may result in additional charges, suspension of privilege of hosting the event or a loss of the security deposit.
- No dumping of any substance is allowed on the grounds, or surrounding areas.
- All matters of set-up, decorations, etc. shall be coordinated through the Estate’s Program and Events Coordinator and/or designated staff person.
Event Clean Up and Breakdown
- Permittee is responsible for all event clean up and/or ensuring that their contracted vendors are aware of all rules and clean up responsibilities. When Permittee and/or contracted vendor leaves the facility, the facility should look as it did when Permittee arrived. Failure to adhere to clean up rules may result in additional charges, and/or a loss of the security deposit. Should the event warrant, Permittees are encouraged to obtain a private vendor and/or contractual services to accommodate litter control, etc. during the event, as well as post-event clean-up. Any labor required by the Estate personnel to clean the event site will be done so at an additional charge of $100.00 per hour, deductible from the security deposit. Any balance over the security deposit amount due to clean up shall be invoiced to the Permittee.
- The Estate will provide trash cans and liners as needed. All trash must be removed and dumped in appropriate dumpsters located on the property. The Estate hourly clean-up fee as described in Paragraph above shall be imposed for failure to properly dispose of trash/trash bags.
Building Condition and Appearance
- Permittee agrees to accept the event site in “as-is” condition. By executing this Permit, Permittee shall be deemed to have accepted the event site in acceptable order, condition.
Property Damage Repair and/or Replacement
- Any Estate property, which is damaged or destroyed during Permittee’s event, will be subject to repair, replacement or recompense at the sole cost to the Permittee. Where necessary, the security deposit will fund repair, replacement, or recompense to damaged or destroyed property. Where necessary, the Estate reserves the right to collect from Permittee any charges and/or damages not covered by the security deposit. Permittee agrees to reimburse the Estate within 30 days upon proof from the Estate of damages, repairs made, and costs incurred in effectuating the repairs.
- The Permittee should establish a backup plan in case of inclement weather. At no time shall the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate be responsible or liable for inclemenet or bad weather that may in any way affect Permittee’s event (s) being held at the Estate. Upon issuance of a Tropical Store and/or Hurricane Watch or Warning for Miami-Dade County, the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate will be closed to prepare for the approaching storm. Events scheduled for days in which a Storm Watch or Warning is issued for Miami-Dade County will be cancelled. The Permittee may select an alternate date on which to hold their event at the Estate. If the Permittee chooses to fully cancel their event at the Estate due to its closing by a Storm Watch or Warning, a refund of monies paid by the Permittee will be granted upon written notification of cancellation by Permittee to the Estate. The Arvizu Vizcaya Estate shall in no way be held responsible for any other costs resulting from a closure due to inclement weather, including a Storm Watch or Warning.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- Permittee agrees to adhere to all instructions of the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate’s staff and/or representatives.
- Permittee agrees to abide by all federal, state, and local laws.
- The Arvizu Vizcaya Estate reserves the right to remove from premises any person(s) behaving in a manner considered to be potentially harmful or detrimental to the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate and/or other event guests.
- The Arvizu Vizcaya Estate reserves the right to cancel this Permit at any time, with or without notice, in the event that any term, condition, or promise in this Permit has been or is being violated. In such event, there will be no reimbursement or credit towards any fee previously paid or any fee still owing and the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate will not be responsible for any consequential damages. The Estate also reserves the right to cancel this Permit in the interest of public safety or in the event of an emergency. The Estate will in no way be responsible for any consequential damages resulting from a closure decision due to an emergency or a closure decision made in the interest of public safety.
- Permittee shall indemnify and hold harmless the Arvizu Vizcaya Estate and its officers, employees, agents and instrumentalities from any and all liability, losses, or damages, including attorney’s fees and costs of defense, which the Estate or its officers, employees, agents, or instrumentalities may incur as a result of claims, demands, suits, causes of actions or proceedings of any kind or nature arising out of, relating to or resulting from the performance of this Permit by the Permittee or its employees, agents, servants, partners, principals, subcontractors, or vendors. Permittee shall pay all claims and losses in connection therewith and shall investigate and defend all claims, suits or actions of any kind or nature in the name of the Estate, where applicable, including appellate proceedings, and shall pay all costs, judgments, and attorney’s fees which may issue thereon.
- Application is not accepted and date is not reserved unless original Facility Rental Application/Agreement is signed and submitted along with the required deposits. Applications can be picked up at Arvizu Vizcaya Estate during property hours.